Rhys Chatham – STA DipH, MAPAI – is a professional astrologer based in Paris, France with clients from all over the world.
He studied 20th century astrology with Charles and Vivian Jayne in the late sixties and seventies, and more recently has been immersed in the practice of traditional astrology, having studied Hellenistic astrology with Chris Brennan, Renaissance astrology and magic with Christopher Warnock, and is currently doing advanced horary study at the School of Traditional Astrology.
Rhys is also a hermetic kabbalist and has been a member of various lodges in the U.K. since the year 200O.
Member: ASSOCIATION of PROFESSIONAL ASTROLOGERS INTERNATIONAL, Association for Astrological Networking (AFAN).
- Studied 20th century astrology with Charles and Vivian Jayne in the sixties and seventies.
- More recently in traditional astrology: Completed Chris Brennan’s full Hellenistic course in 2018.
- Completed Chris Brennan’s horary astrology course.
- Currently studying astrological magic with Christopher Warnock.
- Completed the natal and horary full courses with Christopher Warnock.
- Completed the School of Traditional Astrology Horary Practitioner’s course in December 2020, studies with Deborah Houlding, Lee Lehman, Eve Dembowski, and Wade Caves.
- Advanced study of horary astrology with Deborah Houlding and Wade Caves.
- Advanced Horary Diploma – School of Traditional Astrology – November 2022
Kabbalistic studies and activities:
- Kabbalistic and ceremonial magic studies with Ian Rees from the year 2000 to present.
- Mystery school studies with Elizabeth Fox: 2014 – 2017
- Mystery school studies with Dr. Steven Critchley: 2018 – 2019
- Lodge of the Healing Name: 2000-2011.
- Servants of the Light: 2014 – present.
Studied Tarot reading with Joan Bunning: 1996-97
Conferences and talks:
19 March 2022 – International Astrology Day – Association for Astrological Networking
A tour of astrological house systems. The talk is a tour through the major house systems and how they are calculated. We’ll look at the celestial circles upon which they are based (without going into the math…) and touch on possible symbolic interpretations of each.
23 January 2023 – Astrological Lodge of London – Astrological House Systems
Rhys Chatham explaining in a way that does not require any math, how the Houses are calculated, what celestial circles they are based on, and reflecting briefly on the symbolic
implications of each of them.
Astrology Quarterly, Vol 86/No.4 – Horary: Will I Get the Book Contract? (pg.5)
Astrology & Medicine Newsletter – March 2023 – Horary: Will I have the operation?